Research & Innovation Chemist
Based in the Western suburbs, our client is a global company specialising in a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products. Our client’s materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. They are committed to identifying and delivering on innovative, market-driven opportunities across all global regions.
Reporting to the Growth and Innovation Manager, you will play a critical part in the development of new products and technological innovations to service new and existing customers in order to drive new revenue streams. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and professional international team!
Below are some of the main responsibilities but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial and Business Development Managers to grow revenues and support the delivery of the business growth strategy
- Develop novel formulations for new products and applications solutions and scaling them up to production
- Creatively work to improve the performance of existing products and provide recommendations to add value to our customers
- Develop networks with Universities, Technology Providers, Associations etc. to leverage external knowhow
- Work with operations to optimise product efficiency and consistency
- Contribute to the improvement and implementation of the Innovation process as a key project management process
To be the successful candidate, you will need the possess the following:
- Demonstrated success in developing new products and innovative solutions within the chemicals/materials engineering industries
- Exceptionally strong technical capability with significant experience working in an R&D laboratory environment
- Demonstrated experience in formulation chemistry including translating new product development needs from prototype to commercial ideal
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem-solving skills to successfully manage the development process
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and autonomous environment
- A genuine, inquisitive nature and a knack and passion for thinking creatively to solve complex problems
- Extensive knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to laboratories and chemical industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office PC applications and an aptitude to operate area specific computer systems
- Experience in chemistry and with applications equipment
Advanced tertiary qualification in Chemistry or related science i.e. PhD or Masters
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.