PhD Scholarships - Woodside Monash Energy Partnership
Woodside is an organisation that led the development of the LNG industry in Australia and is the largest Australian natural gas producer. They aim to provide sustainable energy solutions by promoting LNG as a lower-emission fuel and cleaner alternative for transport, shipping and power generation. However, as an organisation taking responsibility for pushing a more sustainable energy based future, in July 2019 Woodside and Monash University joined forces to develop an innovative approach to address with this real-world challenge through a long-term research partnership. From this collaboration, the Woodside Monash Energy Partnership was formed with the focus of progressing energy solutions for a lower carbon future.
As an ambitious multi-year research program, the Energy Partnership focuses on transformational research to activate technology breakthroughs and accelerate novel technologies of scale and impact.
The research and development initiatives are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on leadership and novel technologies in the hydrogen value chain and carbon abatement
Benefits of the Program:
As an industry-led research partnership, you will be working with esteemed supervisors from the engineering, science, business and economics, and information technology faculties to accelerate transformational research toward a sustainable path to a lower carbon future in partnership with Woodside Energy.
The scholarship program provides a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with the energy sector, enabling you to establish an industry presence and develop leadership networks.
The team at the Partnership are committed to bringing together leading researchers and industry from across Monash, and beyond, into a research partnership that fosters an innovative and collaborate approach to problem solving. Together with the participation of global leaders, they are passionate to accelerate the development and deployment of new solutions to shared global energy challenges.
Not only will you be a part of having a real impact on such significant issues of our time, you will also have the opportunity to learn and network with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
As a part of this program, the Monash Woodside Partnership will be focusing on three research themes where candidates will have the opportunity for involvement:
- New Energy Technologies
- Carbon Capture, Conversion and Utilisation
- Energy Leadership
Total scholarship value: $30,000 per annum (tax-free)
- This scholarship will be supporting your living costs while you study at Monash and a research allowance will be provided to support conference attendance
- Students who are awarded a Monash University Graduate Research Scholarship as part of their application are eligible for a top-up scholarship: $36,500 per annum (combined value tax free).
- This top-up scholarship is available to top-ranked domestic students
Application deadline: 31 October 2020
About You & Qualifications:
A student or alumni from the below Monash University Faculties/ Schools are highly encouraged to apply:
- Business & Economics
- Information Technology
Academic ranking, either:
- Honours: First-Class (H1) or Second-Class (H2A)
- Masters: H1 or H2A equivalence
- WAM: Greater than 80%
Law and Arts Faculty will also be considered, however, only for candidates with H1 Equivalent (H1E) and WAM >85%.
- Submit your application online through Monash Talent
- If eligible, you will receive a call from a Monash Talent representative to discuss the opportunity further
- If suitable, your resume and profile will be shared with the team at the Woodside Energy Partnership for further review
- You will undertake two rounds of interviews: i) Senior Manager within the Partnership to determine interest area; ii) Suitable potential PhD Supervisor
- If successful, you will be supported by your Supervisor and under the partnership’s guidance to complete a research application
- Await outcome from the Selection Committee
Due to the process requirements, expressions of interest/ applications through Monash Talent should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure you don’t miss out on this pioneering partnership. The team looks forward to speaking with you further soon!
If you have any questions or would like further information about the program, please send an email to email@example.com.