Monash Food Innovation (MFI) Industry Project (Business, Science & Engineering)
What is the project?
Monash Food Innovation (MFI) in collaboration with Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and the Victorian Government are looking for up to 24 eager students from diverse degrees to pilot a new and exciting food innovation challenge. A a multi-disciplinary group of three students (Science, Business & Engineering), you will be presented with a problem statement by one of the participating Singaporean food manufacturers. This problem statement will involve you and your team putting your heads together to help develop new food products for the ANZ market. With guidance from highly regarded professionals in the field at the Monash Food Innovation Centre, you will use your creative problem solving skills to come up with a solution to your specific problem statement.
What are the opportunities?
With up to 24 exclusive places available for eligible students from one of the below disciplines, you will have the opportunity gain hands-on experience on an industry project under the mentorship of experts in food innovation. This isn't just any industry project, this is an opportunity to set yourself apart from others and go in to the running to win a trip to Singapore for the winning team.
Running for a total of 20 days during Semester 2, inclusive of a 5 day 'Bootcamp'* during the semester break, you'll be guided through a series of workshops to help develop and refine your ideas ready to pitch to a panel of judges.
What will I gain from this experience?
- Develop your creative problem solving skills with this unique and high profile opportunity to work with Monash Food Innovation, Australia's leading capability in Food Innovation – on a project endorsed by both the Victorian Government and Enterprise Singapore.
- Enhance your commercial awareness and gain deep insights into the ANZ food market, a market that none of us can live without.
- Gain expert advice and mentorship from leaders in the field with the opportunity to expand your professional networks.
- This industry-based project forms part of the WIL program. Successful completion of which will provide you with 6 credit points towards your undergraduate degree.
- And if you're the lucky winning team, you will have the opportunity to travel (expenses paid) to Singapore for an exclusive industry familarisation trip.
How do I find out if I am eligible?
Check out the project webpage to confirm eligibility HERE
*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE 5 DAY BOOTCAMP (30 Sept to 4 Oct)
What is the application process?
The application process is simple:
- Use the link under "How do I find out if I am eligible" to confirm your eligibility
- Once confirmed, click on the APPLY button to the right
- If you haven't already registered with Monash Talent, you'll need to enter your details in order to commence your application
- As a part of the application process, you will also be asked to answer three motivational based questions to understand your interest in participating in this exciting project.
- To assist us in reviewing your application we will also ask you to upload a copy of your CV which should include any work experience, volunteering and/or extra curricular activities
- Click submit and wait for us to contact you.
So if you're looking for an opportunity to really stand out from the crowd this is your chance. APPLY NOW!