Junior Data Scientist
Our client is a global leader dedicated to making impactful progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. Their innovation, manufacturing and logistic capabilities are organised around an integrated closed loop. Together, they give life to tailored solutions that deliver enduring value for their customers, partners and communities.
As the new Junior Data Scientist, you will be working closely with the Group Continuous Improvement Manager. You will be applying your data visualisation skills in developing dashboards while gaining invaluable experience to grow your career as a Data Scientist.
This is a 3-6 months contract role with a potential for an extension. Depending on the candidate's availability, this role can either be a part-time or full-time role.
Below are some of the main responsibilities but not limited to:
- Continue to develop the company's website & EGM dashboards
- Further develop dashboards for EGM, VL Leadership and associated business units across the group
- Further develop Visual management devices and problem-solving tools
- Assist with the establishment of quick changeover initiatives
- Assist with the documentation and visualisation of Standardised Work and confirmation practices
- Assist with data collection and analysis for company Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Various other projects as required by the business
- Engage with local Best Practice Network activities and contribute enthusiastically to the company's Google+ community posts & discussions
To be the successful candidate, you will need to possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Good IT literacy, databases, web design, desktop publishing / graphics (a bonus).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (a must)
- Prior experience in data visualisation
- Problem solver (prior experience of RCA tools is a bonus)
- Practical with a can-do attitude
- Approachable with a good sense of humour
- Mechanically minded and logical - Can think maturely & systemically
- Initiative, self-starter and keen to learn
- Ability to empathise with others
- Willing to learn Lean Six Sigma / Operational Excellence principle and methodology (a bonus)
Currently working towards completing or have completed a degree/Master in Data Science (or related)
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.