Based in the south eastern suburbs, our client has successfully provided business management system services to business owners and senior managers for over a decade. They deliver business solutions related to Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety Management, Quality Management, and Environment Management, to businesses across Australia and New Zealand. With a small team of highly educated consultants, this organisation is committed to delivering real outcomes for their customers.
Whether you are a current student or recent graduate, this is a fantastic opportunity to apply what you learned in the classroom in a corporate setting. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will have the opportunity to support across a range of HR duties. This role will provide you with an excellent grounding in Human Resources including policy, recruitment, learning and development, and labour laws and compliance. This is a part-time role (2-3 days per week) for 6 months with the potential to be extended to commence as soon as possible.
This role will see you responsible for real tasks, projects and outcomes from day one, while being supported by the Managing Director as you take on this learning journey. As the business grows, you will find yourself involved in a range of exciting tasks and duties where you’ll be making a real impact.
- Review and update policies in line with legislation changes
- Take ownership and maintain employee files and information
- Ensure on boarding information and inductions are completed and updated on employee files
- Provide support to the Managing Director in interviews and other HR administrative tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role will involve a lot of written communication and policy updates as well as dealing with employees
- A natural willingness to take responsibility and ownership over assigned tasks. You’ll be action orientated and provide support from start to finish.
- Strong integrity: As the owner of employment files you will be responsible for ensuring confidentially
- Tech savvy: Comfortable using MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as an ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Professional nature and polished presentation: Working in a consulting firm you will be liaising with a range of super smart, experienced individuals where professionalism is in their DNA
- Bright, friendly, and resilient nature
- Graduate or studying towards a HR related tertiary qualification.
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.