Graduate Systems Engineer
Based in Melbourne CBD, our client is a professional service and consulting firm in the transportation and other safety-critical systems sectors. They specialise in the integration of systems and software engineering methodologies with practical program delivery, including human factors and system safety.
The team is a unique combination of systems engineering, human factors, safety and reliability assurance, and engineering management specialists who are passionate about helping to efficiently delivery critical, complex systems which meet the needs of their users. The successful applicant will play a key role in exciting rail, transportation and other engineering projects. You will have the opportunity to develop highly-valued skills and expertise which are in increasing demand. You will be assigned a mentor whom you will be reporting to and working closely with.
Below are some of the main duties for the role:
- Responsible for efficient delivery of high quality systems engineering services to clients, particularly in the area of requirements management, verification and validation
- Assist in delivering high quality and profitable technical support, training and administration of systems engineering tools (IBM DOORS, IBM DOORS Next Generation and Adelard ASCE) within the rail industry in Australia and Asia Pacific Region
- Assist senior consultants in delivering accurate and good quality work products and achieve successful outcomes for their clients
To be the successful applicant, you will have to possess the following:
- Good communication skills, including business writing and presentations
- Good analytical and judgement skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action
- Ability to work independently as it is required at times
- Doer and has the eagerness to learn
- Outgoing and is willing to give things a try
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in Software Engineering / Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering
- Awareness of systems engineering lifecycles and processes
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.