Graduate Project Engineer (Fixed Term Contract)
Based in the South Eastern suburbs, our client is an Australian company that specialises in leveraging materials and a new additive manufacturing technology. They provide a range of services such as surface engineering and end-to-end production support to clients.
This is an exciting role for an Engineering graduate who is looking to be involved in several projects and further developing their technical skills. Reporting to the Project Engineer and/or Technical Integration Manager, the successful graduate will undertake projects from a couple of different streams depending on their proficiency and level of experience.
There will be two streams which are the Manufacturing & Design, and Research & Technical Integration.
This role is on a 12-month fixed term contract with a potential to extend or convert to permanent employment.
Manufacturing and Design
- Responsible for projects related to supporting current production commitments
- Assist in product development to undertake studies
- Pre and post manufacturing work
- Process Engineering to maximise production workflows
- Develop maintenance schedules including performing basic maintenance and fault finding on Robotic machines
- Liaise with suppliers or stock chase to ensure schedules and projects are on track
Research & Technical Integration
- Process set-ups for Quality area and Production Programs
- Analysis work (MATLAB required)
- Research work on different materials and combinations
- Build library knowledge database to capture internal knowledge base
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience in CAD (required)
- Experience in MatLab (desirable)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Completion of tertiary qualification in Engineering
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.