Graduate | Creative Design & Marketing
Based in the inner south eastern suburbs on Melbourne with easy access to public transport options, this company’s high quality, on-trend jewellery can be found in shops across the world. It’s the destination for those fashion-forward to get their on-trend accessories fix. Global trend-spotting product teams worldwide take inspiration from couture runways and current street style to deliver new, on-trend, must-have styles to our customers. The company continues to grow its strong online community, with hundreds of thousands of followers and 1000+ new followers every week.
This company hosts a bright, supportive and friendly culture and one where your inputs are truly valued. From day one you’ll feel a part of the global family as you are warmly welcomed in.
Viewed as a future leader, this company’s Graduate Program will fast track your career by providing you an experience like no other in their ever-growing, fast-paced global retail business. The program is an accelerated 1-year journey through our client’s Support Centre in Melbourne. Through bespoke 3-month rotations within eCommerce, Visual Merchandising, and Marketing, with the final 3 months in a stream of your choice, you will receive training, mentoring and support from a myriad of leaders.
Commencing in January/ February 2020, the first week of your Graduate Program with our client will see you take place in a fun-filled, culture driven induction where you will be equipped with the necessary skills to enable you to hit the ground running on your first day with your team. You will meet senior leaders, deep dive in to what who, what, where, when how of the business as well as build meaningful relationships with your colleagues and graduate peers.
In addition to formal and on the job training, you will be provided continual support and training in the form of:
- A buddy to support you through your journey
- Individual projects that you will champion and work on to provide you with cross-departmental knowledge
- Merchandising online product in accordance with regional sales and brand strategy
- General website administration including managing the digital asset database
- Create range layout concepts according to the global range planners using Visual Merchandise standard guidelines
- Design all visual layouts so they are commercially aligned with product performance and quantities (e.g. stock on hand, best sellers, worst sellers)
- Management of point of sale print production
- Assisting in online maintenance, social media analysis, and direct marketing analysis
- 50% off accessories sold in store (that’s birthday and Christmas gifts sorted!)
- Involvement in major events such as roadshows
- Free gym membership – you’re a corporate athlete now!
- Regular social events to stay connected with your colleagues.
To be eligible for this program, you will be a soon-to-be (by end 2019) or current graduate and looking for a real hands-on opportunity to kick start your career in a large scale retail operation. In addition, you will possess the following:
- An open and creative mind
- Have a passion for fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience using InDesign and Illustrator highly valued (any level of expertise)
- Retail experience preferred
- Marketing and / or eCommerce experience, although not required, will be given special consideration
Our client is open to a range of discipline backgrounds however graduates from the following study areas are encouraged to apply:
- Design/ Communication Design
- Media and Advertising
If you study area does not fit in to one of these categories but you possess a creative flair through other pursuits we warmly welcome your application.
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.