Graduate Accountant (R&D Tax)
Located in the inner suburb of Melbourne, our client is a listed company that provides accounting and advisory services to a range of companies which includes scientifically research based companies.
In this role, the successful candidate will be working in the R&D Tax and business services consulting team. This opportunity will provide you with intellectually stimulating and professionally rewarding work with a broad range of clients. Besides being able to join a collegial and stimulating team, the company also provides you with professional development programs with career advancement as your knowledge and experience grow.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Partner and Directors to:
- Undertake technical reviews and initiate reports relating to client matters
- Conduct interviews with technical staff
- Identify potential R&D projects
- Prepare documentation as required, including accounts, tax returns and working papers
- Review technical documentation
- Review and analyse accounts and expenditure reports
- Undertake calculations and prepare spread sheets
To be the successful candidate, you must possess the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent Microsoft software skills, especially in Excel
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to self-check
- A positive attitude and proactive work practices
- A willingness to work outside of normal working hours when required
- Self-motivated and strong organisational skills
Completed a Double Degree in Accounting/Business/Commerce and Science/Engineering/Computer Science/Biomedical Science
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.