Graduate Accountant (Business Advisory Services)
Based in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, our client is a part of an award-winning network of independently-owned accounting firms in Australia dedicated to excellence in client service whilst providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and achieve within a vibrant, positive culture.
With six locations across Australia and over 65 staff in the Melbourne office, this team of professionals provide a full range of services including accountancy, audit and business advisory to name a few. As a passionate team, they are driven by their commitment to delivering growth and generating great outcomes for their diverse client base.
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be a part of the Business Advisory Services division of approximately 30 employees. As the successful candidate, you will have the opportunity to be trained and mentored by a team of professionals which will enable you to develop your accounting career. This role will also provide you with the opportunity to get the support to work on achieving your CA accreditation.
- Assisting to review stage the completion of compliance work including preparing:
- Financial statements
- Income tax returns and schedules
- Business and Instalment Activity statements
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Clearly articulating accurate and concise information in all communication
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge and understanding of double-entry accounting and uses these skills to capably prepare accurate financial statements
- Developing interpretation, analysis skills, commercial sense, and taking the initiative to communicate findings to senior team members
- Presenting a professional image in all interactions with clients in line with the company brand
- Assisting with responding to client queries, external organisations and business partners with professionalism and diligence
- Following up open assignments and providing reports back to senior team members
- Demonstrating a sound knowledge of individual clients and their business needs as to successfully assist in providing support and quality advice
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process improvements and communicating to senior team members
- Proactively interacting and engaging in team meetings
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards with a basic understanding of taxes, including income, GST, Payroll tax and FBT
- Interest to further develop your understanding of taxation, reporting and accounting requirements of self-managed superfunds
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practical experience with accounting software/s (desirable)
- Ability to research information using online tools including the Australian Tax Office website and CCH
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills with an approachable and professional style
- High attention to detail with resilience and enthusiasm when handling difficult or challenging tasks
- Willingness to help out and support team members
Completion of an Accounting or Commerce undergraduate degree
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.