Based in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, our client is a boutique accounting firm that is not your typical accounting firm. They are passionate about providing tailored relationship-based advice and services to suit their clients’ individual needs. Their clients are diverse and range from professionals to multi-generational family offices, to private businesses operating in a range of sectors including professional services, manufacturing and retailing.
Our client is seeking a Graduate Accountant with a strong passion for client experience with the ability to build and foster long term relationships. This is a hands-on accounting role where you will be working closely with seniors, managers and directors and you will be an integral part of the team in delivering impactful outcomes for their clients. As the Graduate Accountant, you will also be supported by the company in completing your Chartered Accounting Program.
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns, Financial Statements, workpapers, fringe benefits tax returns & activity statements
- Assist team members with advisory and consulting work including structuring, deceased estates, Federal & State government grants, indirect taxes and ASIC compliance
- Client administrative matters including ATO mail and managing payments
- Liaise with the ATO, SRO, ASIC, banks, fund managers
- Develop relationships with your clients and other team members
- Continuous learning and development
- Develop your knowledge in Xero, Microsoft suite
To be the successful candidate, you will need to possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong ability to build long term relationships with clients
- Strong confidence in reaching out to clients
- Enjoy working as part of a diverse team
- High attention to detail
- Willing to learn with the ability to master concepts quickly
- Friendly personality
- Strong academic results, particularly in accounting, tax and business law subjects
- Completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- Meets eligibility criteria for Chartered Accounting Program
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.