First Aid Officer
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s South East this coeducational Grammar School is one of Australia’s best schools. They have dedicated teaching staff who work collaboratively and embrace opportunities for professional development, ensuring that their educational programs remain at the forefront of contemporary education. The School ensures that every child is known personally and places the utmost importance on student welfare and safety.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal through Bursar, this role will work closely with various clients to provide adequate first aid support in schools. The school environment is unique and can be unpredictable, as such the incumbent is required to understand and respond to these unique conditions.
The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, ensuring all school first aid and administrative functions are performed effectively.
· Provide first aid for students and staff in a timely and professional manner
· Responsible for providing effective leadership
· Provide assistance with the ongoing daily operational and administrative activities, relating to first aid in the school
· Liaising with other members of Student Services regarding student health needs
· Ensure OH&S guidelines and all relevant Department of Education and Childhood Development (DEECD) policies are followed
· Overall coordination of first aid in the school and management of student medical records
Working in ambiguous and urgent situations, you must possess the ability to reason logically and practically during emergency situations. In saying so, you must work quickly and accurately. The successful candidate will not only excel in communication and organisational skills but must have a commitment to the highest standard of First Aid and DEECD standards.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Sound knowledge of computer technology with knowledge of Database, Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
· Hold advanced first aid qualifications with minimum HLTAID003 qualification – Provide First Aid.
· Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis 22300VIC or equivalent
· 22303VIC Verifying the Correct Use of Adrenaline Auto injector Devices (Anaphylaxis Verifier for short)
· Emergency Asthma Management 10392NAT
· TAE40110 Certificate IV Training & Assessment
· Current Victorian Working with Children Check.
· Current (less than 3 months old) National Police Certificate.
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.