Engineering Cadetship (Current Students)
With their Head Office located in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, our client produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials for customers primarily in the building and construction industries. With operations concentrated in three key international markets – Australia, USA, and Asia our client has a well-known and global presence.
As an organisation that takes its corporate social responsibility seriously, our client strives to make a valued and sustainable contribution to the communities in which they operate. From identifying new ways to reduce carbon emissions and energy usage to the development of strong community partnerships, our client is focused on ensuring a positive and sustainable contribution to well-being.
This is an opportunity for final semester Engineering students with an interest in the construction industry to gain hands-on experience working part-time alongside their studies.
As an Engineering Student Cadet with Australia’s largest building and construction materials company, this program will provide you with real hands-on experience across a range of operations streams (concrete, asphalt, quarries, logistics and technical). By gaining exposure to these different areas, you will find yourself supporting the delivery of real outcomes for the organisation with the guidance of current graduates, mentors and coaches.
Working alongside some of the most experienced people in the business, you will have a seat at the table where you will be encouraged to actively contribute and engage with the business as well as learning industry best practices from key influencers.
As part of the Student Engineering Cadetship you will receive:
- An opportunity to be considered for the Graduate Program Commencing August 2021
- flexible working arrangements around your studies
- A competitive salary
- Structured development plan to set you up for future career success
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Coaching and mentoring
If you have a GREAT attitude, willingness to learn and you are due to complete your undergraduate degree in any stream of engineering at the end of Semester One 2021, read on as this is an opportunity not to be missed.
To be successful in this role, our client wants to see that you have a real interest in utilising your strong problem-solving skills and a natural ability to think logically to contribute to real outcomes. Alongside this, you will consider yourself resilient with an ability to handle a complex operating environment, deal with rapid change, engage with employees at every level of the organisation and open to new and innovative practices.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following:
- Final semester Engineering student available to commence the program part-time (1-3 days per week) from February/ March 2021 with a potential to move to full-time once you graduate if accepted on to the Graduate Program commencing August 2021
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Great attention to detail
- Customer-focused and solutions orientated
- Interest in the construction industry
- Desire to learn and an ability to pick up ideas/ tasks quickly
- Apositive and mature approach to work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Have a Victorian driver’s license, and be willing to commute to sites in the Western suburbs
Studying towards in any discipline of Engineering or Project Management
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.