Civil Engineer - Project Engineer
Based in the south eastern suburbs, our client is a sustainable resource management company. As a global expert in environmentally-friendly waste and water management, they supply 7,000,000 people with drinking water, and save 800,000 tons of waste from going to the landfill each year.
Reporting to the Landfill Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in a global resource management company, while being trusted to apply your leadership skills. In this role, you will use your Auto Cad skills to deliver projects and to provide support to the Project Manager in overseeing contractors. You will also be responsible in facilitating the smooth delivery of projects, and hold the contractors accountable to agreements.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded professional who is seeking future development and growth with the desire and capability to apply their knowledge and learning in an evolving industry. This is a permanent full time role with a start date later in the year.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver projects using AutoCAD (or similar programs)
- Facilitate day-to-day operations of the landfill
- Scheduling (e.g. subcontractors, procurement, and field operations)
- Coordinate with the construction verification agency concerning project quality
- Address and escalate non-compliance issues among employees, subcontractors and vendors
- Raise, track, and facilitate the approval of purchase orders
- Assist with business administrative duties (e.g. finance and cash flow)
- Oversee contractors
To be the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Sound technical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Interest in survey and contract management
- Knowledge in Earthworks
- Design program skills (e.g. Auto Cad)
- At least 1-2 years of project experience
- While landfill experience is not required, it would be highly regarded
- Completion of tertiary qualification in Civil / Geo-technical Engineering (or related)
NB: Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received so don't miss out - apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.