Allied Health Graduate (Expressions of Interest)
Monash Talent is currently taking expressions of interest from speech pathologist, physiotherapist and occupational therapist graduates who are looking to to be a part of a transdisciplinary team to deliver high quality, accountable, early childhood intervention services to families.
- You will be working with families to identify and problem solve their needs as well as the provide direct intervention
- With assistance, act as key worker for allocated families
- With support and advice from your supervisor, a member of your own professional discipline and other team members, provide direct support to children with disabilities and their families
- Prepare relevant reports and service data
- Contribute to continuous development of a high quality service
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Plan optimal use of time on a day to day basis
- Manage own performance and professional development and participate in the Planning, Performance Review & Development process.
- A sound understanding of current theory and practice in the professional’s discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of the philosophy of inclusion and associated practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of current early childhood development theory and practice, including cross cultural perspectives
- Knowledge of typical and atypical early childhood development and practical strategies to facilitate child development
- Capacity building approaches that utilise collaboration, reflective and strength based practice
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with families, other professionals and the community
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Well developed written skills to prepare routine correspondence and client documentation.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a trans-disciplinary team
- Ability to plan and organise workload and determine priorities
- Current Working with Children Check / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current Registration with your occupational regulator (e.g. AHPRA, Speech Pathology Australia, Victorian Institute of Teachers)
- Current Driver’s Licence and daily access to a motor vehicle
Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline: Speech pathologist, Physio and Occupational Therapist.
If this sounds like you, please register now!